Product Information: Djun djun are a set of three African barrel shaped bass drums with a rawhide skin at both ends. The drums are played with a stick; and depending on the region, the stick could be either plain and straight, curved with a flat head, or straight with a cylindrical head. Traditionally, the drums are played horizontally. The three different sizes of the djun djun commonly played in West Africa are, kenkeni (small djun djun), sangban (medium sized djun djun) and dundunba (large djun djun).
- Outstanding melody, design and various authentic African tones.
- 3 sizes, can be sold as a set or individually.
- (Kenkeni) produces the high tone, (Sangban) produces the mid-range tone and the (Dundunba) produces the deep bass tone.
- Real calf skin heads produce heavy tones and eliminate ringing overtones.
- Low-stretch Alpine rope with braided cores.
- Mallets included.
Images are only representative as carved designs will vary slightly.